Here at Yorkshire Coast Homes, we want to advise and support you if you are having financial problems which may be making it difficult for you to pay your rent as well as your other essential bills. The key thing is to try to deal with the problem quickly so please ask our staff for help as soon as you can.
We offer a confidential in house Money Management Service which can help you with advice on problem areas such as managing your money and debts better, getting the cheapest financial deals, completing official paperwork and assessing which welfare benefits you may be entitled to.
Our service can help you with the following: -
• Check that you are claiming all the benefits that you are entitled to.
• Help with a household budget and ensure that you know which bills are a priority.
• Help with housing and council tax benefits.
• Draw up a formal financial statement by looking at your income and expenditure.
• Negotiate with any creditors that you owe on your behalf.
• Assist with a plan to manage your debts better.
• Help you to open a Credit Union or basic Bank account.
• Advise you on Court procedures and help you to reply to Court documents.
• Assist you with bailiffs.
• Provide further information and advice on Debt Relief Orders and Bankruptcy matters.
• Introduce you to other agencies that may be able to help you further, such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.
To access the service, please contact either of our Money Management Officer below