INFO: How to deal with frozen pipes | Latest news

Social media

Follow us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter  View our YouTube channel  Follow us on LinkedIn

INFO: How to deal with frozen pipes

How to deal with frozen pipes

No running water? If you suspect that the cause of the problem is a frozen pipe, the information on this webpage will help you locate the blockage, defrost it and make sure your pipes don't freeze again.

If you find yourself without water, the first thing you need to do is check whether your neighbours are also affected. If they are, the lack of water will most likely be caused a problem to the mains supply and you will need to contact your water company.

If you're the only one without water, you probably have a frozen pipe. It's important to try and defrost this blockage as quickly as possible as the expansion of the water could cause the pipe to burst, leading to thawed water leaking from the break.

Please click here to read the full guidance article.


No comments yet: why not be the first to contribute?

Add a response

Our next event

  1. Universal Credit Support - Scarborough 25 Jun 2018 09:00

    If you are a YCH tenant and would like help and advice with Universal Credit claims or assistance with the new Gov.Uk Verify online process then please drop in to one of our morning sessions. 

    All sessions will take place in the YCH Employment Support Hub (in the YCH Scarborough Reception area) Monday to Friday from 9am until 12pm

    Click here to view the poster for this event.


  1. Housing Admin Assistant (Whitby)

    • Pay: £17,301 Annually
    • Application closing date: 27 Jun 2018
  2. Joiner

    • Pay: £21,478 Annually
    • Application closing date: 29 Jun 2018
  3. Electrical Engineer x 4

    • Pay: £25,737.00 Annually
    • Application closing date: 11 Jul 2018